No one would draw their attention when you have beautiful lights that help to illuminate any part of your home. When it comes to its installation process, there are many things that you must consider to ensure safety.
On the other hand, Emergency Electrician Beverly Grove provides you with a complete range of electrical services for your home and commercial areas, including lighting installation services. With the help of a team of licensed, professionally trained, and experienced electricians, they will ensure that each electrical need and service are properly handled.
If you would like to do some light installation, ensure that you will meet the requirements. Before you install the lights, there are a few important things you need to do to ensure your safety. Always remember to:
- Turn off the power of the breaker before you start
- Test the fixture before installing
- Use caution when working with electricity
Some of the tips that you can use when it comes to light installation include:
- Ensure that the new light fixture meets the weight requirement: Many homeowners end up replacing builder-grade fixtures throughout the house with the nicer fixture. But, typically, the nicer the fixture, the more it is heavier. Always consider the weight factor of your new light fixture.
- Make sure that all new fixtures are grounded: All fixtures no matter how big or small it could be, you need to make sure that it is properly grounded. Each metal piece on the fixture needs to be grounded, and most all fixtures will come with a ground. If the fixture is not grounded, you are opening yourself to the possibility of being shocked each time you turn on the lights. This is a helpful tip to prevent electrocution and for your safety as well.
- Ensure that the fixture is properly wired: Fans and chandeliers can be challenging to install because they come with many wires and parts that need to be installed correctly. This is to ensure that new lights work whenever you use them.
- Ensure that the light fixture is up to code: A common spot for people to upgrade their lights or install new lighting is in the closet. Before, it was common to see a light bulb with a string as a light source for the closet. But this style has been outdated since it often shatters or creates a heat condition.
- Make sure to check the ratings of the fixtures: Before installing any lighting, it is vital to check the box and see if the fixture is rated for the inside or outside. Many people hang fixtures outside that are made for indoor use only. This creates a lot of issues itself and can cause a fire hazard.
When it comes to installing a new light fixture, there are different things that you need to consider, and to ensure that the codes are met and other factors, it is best to let a professional electrician like Emergency Electrician Beverly Grove assist you.
Some Of The Helpful Tips For The Light Installation
When doing a home makeover, lighting plays an important role in helping improve the new design of each part of your house. However, you should also note that there are different lighting and light fixtures, such as LED lights, which provide a different feel and ambiance.
Lighting projects, such as the chandelier installation or LED installation, are an excellent way to upgrade your home’s look, and this helps to increase the value simultaneously. Changing a light fixture or replacing an old one, or even installing overhead lighting, can immediately transform any room of your home.
- Always Ensure You Have Turn Off The Power: When working with electricity, it is vital to turn off the breaker. This will ensure no electrical power in the fixture when working on the installation. This is for your own safety as well when working in the installation.
- Why Hire A Professional Electrician: Although some complicated lighting projects need a professional electrician, wiring a light fixture or replacing an old ceiling light, many can do this independently as long as they follow the right instruction. Keep in mind that working with electricity can be dangerous and complicated. Make sure to follow the relevant, helpful tips in installing new lights.
- Learn The Types of Lights and Their Installation Requirement: There are many types of lights with unique installation needs. Also, note that light fixtures and fittings come in different sizes and weights. On the other hand, you may have to fasten the heavier light fixtures to the box using a hickey, mounting bar, or stud.
- Calculate The Electrical Load: You must ensure that your new lights, such as chandeliers, will not exceed your home’s circuit’s total electricity capacity. This is usually 15 amps. While this generally is not an issue with small low voltage systems like incandescent lights that can overload the circuit. This is why hiring a professional electrician like Emergency Electrician Beverly Grove can be helpful.
- Grounding the Metal Fixtures: Always Ensure you will ground the metal parts of the light fixture. Remember that metal boxes with simple screws firmly holding the light fixture to the standard box will help ground the fixture. All boxes near at or if of the circuit must have the cable’s grounding wire directly attached to the grounding clip or screw the box. If multiple cables are entering the box, you will have to make sure that you will make a grounding jumper.
There are different things that you have to consider when installing new lights for your home. To help improve the look of your home and for the lights to work effectively, it is best to follow the safety protocols, and you can also ask for a professional and licensed electrician to do the job.
If you need help installing new lights for your home or have any questions, contact Emergency Electricity Beverly Grove today.